Hey guys, I've been nominated for a 'Liebster Award', it is awarded to bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The award helps blogs get more readers and become a bigger part of the blogging community which is always good!
I want to say a big thank you to the lovely Emily for nominating me!
What to do:
1. Come up with 10 facts about yourself
2. You answer the 10 questions that your nominator gave you
3. Nominate bloggers who have under 200 followers and link them in the post
4. Come up with 10 new questions for the nominees to answer
5. Inform the nominees so they can do their responses
1. My middle name is 'Elka' (hence the username). My Dad is a musician and worked for an Italian music company called 'Elka' so that's how I got the name. I actually really like it, especially as I'm a Daddy's girl haha.
2. I am really interested in psychology, specifically mental health and want to work in the area of clinical psychology eventually. I really want to get more people talking about mental health as well, it's something a lot of people don't understand and if we spoke about it more and therefore more people understood there would be less stigma towards the subject.
3. My favourite film of all time is 'Back to the Future'. Here's another name story guys. My Dad loves the films and so I'm called Jennifer after Marty McFly's girlfriend. I think it's pretty cool, just as well I like the films I guess haha.
4. Staying on the subject of films, I can't watch scary films. No way. I'm scared of most things as it is but actually watching something designed to scare me is a no no. I watched 'Paranormal Activity 3' a year and half-ish ago (well by watched I hid behind a cushion and barely saw the screen) and put it this way, I still sleep with the light on.
5. I am spending my summer trying to entrain my very excited puppy called Sunny. He's my little baby and really loves to play, especially by chewing on my hand, oww.
6. I am terrible at making decisions, absolutely terrible. If someone asks me where we should meet up for example I just panic and get more frustrated with myself that I can't decide a place. Ah.
7. I love to sing and act! (I am yet to find my inner dancer). Last month I was in a production of Les Miserables which was one of the most amazing experiences I have had plus I got to play a prostitute which was pretty fun, maybe slightly awkward when my family were in the audience though.
8. If I could play any role in musical theatre, it would be Eponine. I know lots of people dream of playing her but I just love the complexity of her character; she's not a friendzoned teenage girl, she's so much more. Plus I think my voice would suit her quite well compared to other roles.
9. I never seem to wear matching socks, never. I'm always walking around with different length socks of different colour and pattern. I'm so organised haha.
10. When I was in school my best subjects were probably Religious Education, English Lit and Art and funnily enough they are some of the subjects I did the best in (R.E was my A*, proud moment even a year on) however, don't mention Maths to me, urgh I was terrible.
Questions from Emily
1) If you were stranded on an island and were only allowed one beauty product, what would it be?
Probably a moisturiser, my dry skin is nothing but a pain. Unless sun cream counts? I guess that would be more practical haha.
2) Who's blog do you always find yourself reading? Your favourite blog.
I always find myself reading Zoella's blog.
3) Share with us your top, beauty tip!
Hm, I'm not very good at these but maybe the classic making sure your make up is removed before going to bed?
4) Do you like having a 'label' on your clothes or do you prefer the stuff off the high street?
I just love the high street, don't own anything label or designer. Always up for finding a bargain!
5) What inspired you to start your blog?
I just wanted a little space of my own to put down my thoughts about serious (mental health) and less serious things (fashion, beauty, life ect.) It's just nice to have some place to write things down and even nicer when people read so thank you to anyone who does read any of my posts haha.
6) Describe yourself in three words.
Hmm.. complicated, weird, determined
7) If you could be someone famous for the day, who would you be and why?
Niall Horan, he seems so sweet and happy haha.
8) What is your favourite season?
Probably autumn, I love all the colours around at this time of year, all the orangey reddy browns of the leaves the cool air whipping around you as you step out the front door. Nothing quite like an autumn morning.
9) How would you describe your style?
It keeps evolving but possibly smart-causal? I don't know, I've been liking to team things up with a good blazer recently.
10) What is your favourite item in your bedroom?
1. Do you have a middle name, if so what is it?
2. Favourite animal?
3. What is your dream job/career?
4. Favourite Pixar film?
5. What city do you really want to visit?
6. What was/is your favourite subject at school?
7. Favourite tv show as a kid?
8. What celebrity would you love to meet?
9. Favourite song of the moment?
10. Favourite quote?
Again thank you to Emily for the nomination.
See you guys soon,