Over


Hey guys, well happy new year and I hope everyone has had a lovely festive season.

2014 is upon us and we have waved 2013 goodbye, and I for one am relieved. 2013 was probably the hardest year of my life. I became severely depressed and consumed by anxiety; subsequently I had to drop out of my studies due to this. I could barely leave the house, let alone to go to college and think about my future career prospects when I couldn't even process any information or even think ahead to the next day. To be honest, I remember feeling low and anxious along with just sleeping and that was my life for a lot of this year.

But of course good things have happened too. I have restarted my studies and even have aspirations to study psychology at university and I performed with friends in my theatre groups production of 'Les Miserables' which was such an amazing experience (plus I'm keeping up the performing, in Feb I've got my groups Variety show and also Grease). I'm now in a relationship I'm very happy in and of course I have my little pup who keeps me smiling too.

I hope 2014 is going to be kind to me, I know it's going to be challenging and stressful but if I made it through last year then I can get through this one. While I still live day to day with depression and anxiety I refuse to let them consume me.

Wishing you all the best for this year, may it be a good 'un!

Jen 
x

No comments:

Post a Comment